Tuesday 26 October 2010

Moc Ups for Laser Cutter

I was sat playing with different patterns and shapes and I have had the idea to laser cut tiny buns and the logo into the packaging and this would be the basis for the whole design, nothing too fussy and over the top, but still sticking with the crafted and simplistic look. I think this will give a really nice but expensive feel to the product and will help it stand out against the other products on the shelf.

I have played around with the different shapes I photographed and different types of pattern I have currently experimented with to see what works best. The first works well, its really plain and only has use of a few bun tops and the logo. It is slightly too simplistic and more could be added, but at the same time it has a large window for you to see into the product, with this and a large space of pattern it may be too much, something I will have to develop. The second box, I really like the type sitting on the window, but I feel there is slightly too much going on in the background, there is also a potential issue of there being too much cut out for the product to stay together solidly.




The third box is hard to see the design, but it is basically the same pattern as the other boxes however here instead of the shape dropping through of buns, its the outline so a line of the shape would be shown instead of a hole. This may solve the possible problem of the box not being solid, but at the same time i'm not sure it would have the same desirable and expensive look as the drop through. The second box shape works really nice its more square and flat in shape than the other similar box, I really like the way the pattern is focused on the top part of the box, leaving emphasis on the 'baking set' and they work really well together, the pattern laid out like this may also help with the solidity of the box, with the four walls needing to be the most sturdy.


I dont like this type face, working with the patterns it doesn't fit with the patterns as well as the others, the bun illustration is working really well and I think I will expand on this making a repeat pattern from it, I think it has a slightly more interesting quality to it the that other patterns I have being using. This final box, i'm not sure of the long and thin shape, it doesn't seem to suit as well as some of the others, this can only really be determined by the mock up of it. The colour doesn't really help this box design its too pale and candy floss like, I have realised from this its really important I get the colour scheme correct.



No comments:

Post a Comment