Friday 22 October 2010

Bun patterns

What ever patter or design I chose for my packaging I want it to be able to be transfered across a range of products, from the outside of the product to the recipe sheets and the apron and gloves. My aim is for it to all tie together, with this is mind I think the best way to do this would be trough pattern and colour scheme. I have started by putting some of the initial drawing together into patterns for potential use on the outside of the product and the apron design. I really like this first design, the large buns circled by smaller ones just adds something a little extra and more interesting to it. It also nice to see the different types of buns, linking to the different recipes and buns/muffins/cupcakes they will be making with the kit.


There is far too much going on in this pattern, although its only in black and white I get the sense of it being far too cluttered and suffocated. Working on the outside of the packaging it would take over far too much especially when i want a minimal approach.


This is a fairly standard design, a simple repeat pattern, there is nothing really special or interesting going on. However these all in different colours may look really nice especially with the use of the collaged buns, they add texture and interest to the images. In terms of it working on the packaging, it may be too repetitive, but the concept on the simple repeat pattern would probably be really affective, I will have to develop this further.


I really like this pattern, it is similar to the second patter but much less cluttered and more interesting to look at. The layout is really simple and there are lots of different ways I can develop this, I think it would especially well on the packaging design, and tie in the hand drawn type.

No comments:

Post a Comment