Tuesday 12 October 2010

Initial flower wallpaper


After making all the individual areas I thought it would be best to start putting everything together, there are many different things I will need to consider when I finally pick my wallpaper design. The first is a typical design i have added a texture to the background to try and make it at a bit different but it doesn't really stand out as anything special. The second i really like, I want the final design to take a very minimal approach and this is perfect, it could be considered as too plain, but close up the flowers are really detailed and this could be perfect to develop with birds.


The first shows the flower I mentioned i really liked earlier, it is layered with a circular pale colour smaller than the flower underneath, I love the flower close up by itself but hear it looks too much like a snow flake. You cant really tell what its going to look like on a computer it really needs to be printed to see the real size especially with the flowers being so detailed. This next wallpaper, is my favourite so far I really like the overlap of the lined flowers combined with the solid circles it works really well and this is most in keeping with Laura Ashley style. I also feel the simple one colour works really well with this design and doesn't need anything extra added to it. In terms of printing this is a plus as its would be cheaper to professionally print.


I love the 2 colours used in this pattern, the work together really well and introduce two colours to the room, however again the pattern is hard to tell if it would work or not with the detail. A development of this design I feel is necessary would be the colour for the background, even if it was a very pale blue it needs something to take away from the harsh white. The final design combines a second design with the flower, I felt these flower might need something to break up the detail, but again I cant really comment as I need need to print out all of these design full size, this is a must in my action plan I really cant move forward with any final developed designs until I do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment