Friday 29 October 2010

Final Swatches

As i mentioned on the previous post I wanted to further develop my new patterns and add something to them to define them as speciality wallpaper. I have used the same approach for all of the wallpaper samples. The first was my original pattern developed, I have change the birds so they are silver, this works really well and definitely adds the unique quality I wanted to achieve. From the change of the few areas I decided wasn't working I much prefer this developed design and I can imagine it spread across the range of products in my brief.



This second design I have added gold, it is slightly warmer than the other two designs and reflects the theme of tropical slightly more. However with this addition of the gold circles I think it has moved away from the very typical Laura Ashley look a bit too much. But this aside I do really like the overall affect of the the wallpaper design.


The final pattern was one of my original favourite and I thought the added affect of the metallic ink would really set it off and improve it and it does look good, but just not as successful as I thought it would be. I actually prefer it without the silver and the whole pattern just using one colour worked much better as a wall piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment