Thursday 7 October 2010

Ink Birds, Flowers & Butterflies

Through some researching i found 'inky mole' and it gave me the idea to use ink and nib to draw my illustrations. I didn't want them to look so stiff and neat, the nib gave me the chance to make the illustrations more fluid an loose. Below are the redrawn images for the illustrations. I don't really think there is an obvious difference between them, however close up the line quality does look much different. Instead of one consistent neat line, there are many squiggly lines making up the drawing.



The birds work much better with the ink affect, they look much more appealing and friendly, they are also much lighter in line and detail than the pen drawing, which really helps as now I feel more detail can be kept for use on the wallpaper now.

No comments:

Post a Comment