Wednesday 27 October 2010

Laser Cut Layouts

I have decided I really need to start making some decisions and stop working around ideas. So I have made some layouts for the laser cutter, they all vary slightly in the pattern layout and box shape, so I can see what works best. The first box has patterns on the top fold section and the two sides. I quite like this box shape and I haven't experiments much with it, so it will be really good to see what this works out like.


Working with the same box shape, I have used a different type so I can see which works best with the backing and the inner letter shapes stuck on. There is also much less pattern work here and the buns are enlarged, I have done this to see how a more minimal approach to the packaging works if the fuller patterns make the other boxes less stable.


This final packaging design is very heavy with pattern, this is similar to the original design I had in my head when I though of using the laser cutter. With this being so pattern heavy I will also be able to see how sturdy the packaging will be once folded.

No comments:

Post a Comment