Monday 1 November 2010

Mock up Bedrooms

After my last post I realised when putting my patterns into real life mock ups, they all looked completely different and some didn't work as well as i originally thought. I have printed large swatches of wallpaper but putting them on a large scale and in context was something I now felt was a necessary stage before making any final decisions. Every time I get to a stage things dont either look the same of work as well for different reasons, I need to start making decisions and this is the best way for me to do this.

The first wallpaper design is currently my favourite and I have had the best feedback from. It works really well used on a large scale and isn't over powering which has been a concern. A comment was made in one of my crits to make sure the depth of the different illustrations worked in the same way as Laura Ashley wallpaper. I think I have achieve this in the design below, its hard to tell what the wallpaper actually looks like as the silver birds aren't visible here. but from the current swatches I have made the combination of layout and colour works really well.


The second wallpaper, I have really liked all the way though the design process, it fits really well with the Laura Ashley them but not necessarily in the speciality range, I developed the design with the addition of silver to try and make it look more expensive, it does work well but doesn't look extra special. I think I have taken this pattern as far as I can. If i have time I would like to propose this design as a 'regular' wallpaper option.


The last image definitely confirms my thoughts from the previous post that this wallpaper doesn't work, it is a really nice pattern but doesn't work for the Laura Ashley theme and style. This pattern however I do think could be used at a later date on a different brief as it will work across a range of different medias.

No comments:

Post a Comment