Wednesday 10 November 2010

Light Fitting

The original design for the light fitting was to laser cut flowers into the shade, however the design was too intricate and the material melted. Instead I decided to develop the same pattern, but to screen print the pattern onto the fabric. At this point I decided to introduce more colour into the 'accessories' of the room, navy has only currently been used on the large flowers, I felt it was necessary to introduce this colour more to tie the room together but also break the white up. I also sewed jewels to the bottom of the light fitting, I felt something extra was needed to make it look more expensive and tie in with the range Laura Ashley sell as they are expensive looking and in price, many of the current Laura Ashley light fittings have jewels.



No comments:

Post a Comment