Saturday 11 December 2010

Evaluation

This brief came at the right point in this module, I had just spent a long time focused on two large briefs and I needed a break from them and something new. It really helped get my creative juices flowing again introducing something new and fast moving. Aside from that it was really nice to work one something that way type and image, giving me the chance to work towards a new goal I had set my self at the beginning of 3rd year.

The Christmas brief has positively influenced me in that I no longer feel afraid to approach a brief which uses type, I have learnt that if I look and use type as an image itself my work take a much more positive spin that separating the two. As this was quite a fast moving brief, it gave me the chance to enjoy myself and not feel so restricted to stages I felt were necessary with larger briefs.

The negatives from this were that I didn't have the opportunity to experiment with stock or print techniques as much as I would have liked. I initially printed the whole set on a watercolour stock, which failed terribly the card snapped and the foil didn't print properly due to the texture. However I worked through this and printed on some new card which foiled perfectly but wasn't the best at folding. These types of problems I feel are always going to arise when doing a fast brief. I have learn from this however to pay more attention to the stock and print choices I am going to use and not just assume it will work, sometimes a little experimentation is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment