Sunday 5 December 2010

Card Ideas

At this point I have decided I need to choose a print technique and use this when designing the cards, as this is a fast moving brief I don't really have to time to experiment, instead I have used my past experiments to decided what will work best for this brief. As the brief states that cards are to be hand made but still look expensive I am going to use foil, I think this is the quickest and most expensive look I can achieve.

The first design is based on the black area printed as foil, unfortunately when i started this idea I didn't quite think about the size of the snowflakes, they are much too small so you don't completely get the idea, aside from that I really like the idea behind this, but it doesn't grab my attention as christmassy, I feel this is perhaps the circular shape, if the shape related to Christmas this may work much better. The type face works really well and is clear, I mentioned above the snow flakes were too small but with this type I feel if they were any larger they would take over the design and merge in with the type.


I have developed this second design based on my evaluation on the above design, this is a very similar style to the above apart from the type and image is shaped in a bauble which relates to Christmas and the black and white is the opposite. I really like this idea and have had some really positive feed back from it. I have also increased the size of the snow flakes and changed the type face the combination and layout of these works really well, I feel I am starting to achieve an almost professional design standard.

This final design is much more traditional than this first two, although its not yet in foil so I cant get the true perception of it, I don't like it was much as the first two, it doesn't just out at me or flow through type and illustration as smoothly as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment