Friday 22 January 2010

Interim Evaluation

Evaluation.

What is the problem?
creating 5 idents.

What subject/area of study are you focussing on?
Batman film week for Superhero film season.

To what depth are you investigating this area/subject? Is this sufficient?
I have look at existing batman films, there most memorable moments and quotes from each film. Imagery from Batman films i think it would be beneficial for me to investigate popular batman film clips and idents.

What is the form and amount of your research to date?
I think i have spent a large amount of time looking at lines in films, as at the moment i want this to be a key part of my ident i want the quotes i end up choosing to be really strong and draw someone in who hasn't seen the film. I think its fair to say i need to research more batman related film imagery or film clips to see from others views what they think are most memorable other than quotes.

What visual material do you have to work with? What media/format is it?
Mostly film, but i also have imagery and stills from films. Silhouettes and symbols.

Is there an appropriate amount of work for the time you have had to develop it? 
I think so, because i now have all the background information to begin my idents and a deeper understanding of the films. I don't have much imagery or development work of storyboards at the moment so move forward with.

If there isn’t why is this? How could you improve your work-rate?
I think because i spent so long looking deeper into the films and looking for really good action shots to use and audio clips, perhaps it would have been better to look at creating my own motion graphic images rather than film stills, then i would have been able to storyboard more? But then i have tried to work from the beginning to my skill level.

What is your timescale? When is the deadline?
In 3 weeks, i plan to have story boarded a lot lot more as its the area for me to gain marks as well as helping me plan. I plan for the second week to have pretty much finished my idents and to have my DVD backgrounds completed. Then my final week i plan to update my blog as i no i fall behind, redo anything i strongly dislike an make my DVD and packaging.

What is achievable in the time available? 
Everything 

What methods are you using to evaluate the progress of your ideas?
Crits and feedback from peers. 


Evaluation

What are you identifying as areas worth developing further?
DVD backgrounds, sound clips and film clips.

What are you trying to communicate?
The deeper and darker side to Batman.

What audience have you identified?
Film4 adults who like superhero films.


What problem(s) have you identified?
making something that looks good, gets your attention in a small amount of time with very limited skills :)

How do you intend to solve this (these)?

by playing to my skills, so using stills and making my idents stop motion and using some memorable audio and film clips.


What is your intention?
To make them look professional and not cheesy.


Development

Have you moved on from your initial starting point. If so how and why?
Yes. Originally i was going to create idents advertising superhero film season, but i struggled to come up with anything to inspire me as i was constantly thinking well i wont be able to make that etc so it was suggested to me in the very first crit i narrowed my idea down to make it less complicated so i did to Batman.

What methods are you using to document this development?
My blog.

What processes will you need to use to develop your work?
Try and try and try again.

Do these processes require workshop access?
Yes i will be using allll the software at college.

When do you intend to access these workshops?
As soon as i possibly can.


Feedback

sooo i never got the feedback as i almost left eeeek but i think its ok iv spoken to people and i pretty much now from my work what i need to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment