Thursday 15 April 2010

Type and Images

I have started by looking at hand drawn type faces that already exist, the first 4 are taken from 'dafont' i not sure these first two are really working, too much is going on and it takes away the quality of the image.


I like both the above and below. The above seems to feel quite 'horsey' and the below goes really well with the child theme. I have in my head i want to use handwritten type for the signs. I dont want a formal serious feel to them as it is a child's library and we want them to feel involved and excited.




Traditional fonts, these would be used normally to label things, there much more formal and serious. The bottom two do work but im not sure i want to take this approach. I think i need to speak to other people before i decide.


This is the easiest way for me to show before i print how the signs will look. The top section of the image will be cut out (the grey area) it makes it much more interesting and child like. I think it would fit really nice in a children's library. These are also the similar dimensions i will be using with the white areas against the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment